9 Funny Questions to get to know your Team Members
Get to know your team members by asking about their past, their passions and future endeavors.
Whilst the above conversation will help you understand your team members better (if they let you into their circle), it’s unlikely it will give you true insights about your team members personality and perspectives.
Create a deeper connection. Identify what makes them laugh, what makes them weep, what ignites their fire. Have a list of funny questions ready for that occasion.
For a deeper understanding of your team members, and to paint a picture of what inspires them and how they react in different situations, below is a list of 9 unique questions to open up barriers.
Best way to do this is by printing them on a spreadsheet and present questions in rapid fire (one after the other) or post a question in the office workroom where team members can think about their response. This is a fun way to start off a working week.
Top 9 Questions
- At what stage in life do you want to max-out your credit card?
- Which cartoon character portrays you the best?
- What was your favorite t.v show growing up?
- How old is your oldest pair of shoes?
- Have you ever re-gifted a present and if so, what was it?
- Do you have any phobias?
- What are 5 things still left on your bucket list?
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- What is the best thing you’ve ever done?
Share a laugh in a staff meeting and ask other team members to contribute to the answers. A simple game like this helps break down barriers and creates an understanding and talking points within the team.
City Adventures often have role-plays with their indoor team building games. This is a great way to break the ice and kick-start the day.